Slough Go Back
Sloughy material is a mixture of dead wound tissue and generally seen as detrimental for the healing process. This substance can present as yellow, grey or brownish deposits.
Refer to infection section if antimicrobial therapy is considered necessary.
Debride/remove sloughy tissue, manage exudate and consider antimicrobial therapy if appropriate.
• Create a moist wound healing environment to stimulate autolysis
• Hydrogel amorphous for cavities using a secondary dressing
• Consider antimicrobial therapy if appropriate
Let’s HealTM solution:
- NU-GEL® Hydrogel with Alginate Refer to Infection section if antimicrobial therapy is considered necessary
- TIELLE® Family Hydropolymer Adhesive Dressings depending on exudate level
In venous ulcers:
C1782 Feb 2014
PRB code 3454